Wednesday 5 October 2011

Stop New Nuclear Camp Demo & Blockade @ Hinkley

Wow! 
Spent the last few weeks manically preparing for the camp,demo & blockade of Hinkley point! what started out as me cooking a meal for the crew soon turned into me catering for 70 odd people for a few days until the Anarchis Teapot could take over - I know I like feeding people but this took it to a new level for me!

Being involved with organising transport & the camp logistics is all new to me & it was a steep learning curve that's for sure! But the camp was a great success

It was even better for me when the T-pot took over - it freed me up to do other things which was great I met lots of people gave some interviews took part in meetings - it was all very Dynamic.


And very beautiful the weather was Scorchio! and all at the beginning of October, it seemed very hot getting some of the hottest days of the year after the equinox - but from the perspective of doing a camp and all of the activities we undertook it was a blessing.



Several of us spoke & played music at the demo in Bridgwater, there were many people there, some of whom couldnt do the blockade for whatever reason & so came here instead.

The demo assembled in King Square, then had a March around most of the town centre, it was Bridgwater Fayre also & so there were a lot of people about which was great, we defintely made our mark! It was great the weather was great the atmosphere was great what more can  I say?! I'll post some more about the blockade up here tomorrow, nite all! ;-)






No comments:

Post a Comment