Thursday 15 January 2015

I'm back

Looks Like I'm back! After neary three years of letting this blog sit idle whilst I've been busy with anti-nuclear groups and using facebook for campaigning, I'm coming back to blogging for a bit - will still be working with anti-nuclear groups when & where I can but for now I'm reclaiming a space to express my very personal opinions comment and analysis about events of importance to us all but of interest to those of you interested in Nuclear issues. I also want my stuff to be far more public than facebook and not to be at the mercy of facebook also so I'll likely share what I put up here on there though. As I write this there is a push to the right as governments around the world become increasingly repressive - here in the UK our civil rights are being eroded with ever increasing surveillance and data collection on us reach never before seen levels as are our the rights of us as a nation state as TTIP (Transatlantic Trade & Investment agreement)is pushed for by corporations hoping to sue governments and peoples that don't give them what they want - some of these coroporate forces are have assetts that are more valuable than entire countries especially in the global south. Here in the UK ivestment for Hinkley still doesn't seem to be forthcoming so now they're trying to drag all of the unemployed to seek work out there - so much for the high rates of pay promised for local workers - more like minimum wage so that EDF can keep up their facade of 'work' out at Hinkley point... And all of the time I hear rumours - rumours of people walking off the job out there because they're not being paid or promised work that doesn't materialise, I've even heard that workers are being paid to stand around for 12hr shifts with NOTHING to do... Who knows - but one things is true all is not as it seems with the Hinkley Point C (HPC) project.

No comments:

Post a Comment