Wednesday 1 April 2015

Hinkley Point C P.R. works finally suspended

OMFG!
Haven 't had time to blog for months been so busy with campaigning but I just had to blog this -
http://newsroom.edfenergy.com/News-Releases/Hinkley-Point-C-Project-Update-35a.aspx



Time to celebrate - EDF have suspended work on HPC!!! http://newsroom.edfenergy.com/News-Releases/Hinkley-Point-C-Project-Update-35a.aspx spread the word Fucking whoop!

  it's a bittersweet moment - I would dance around my house in celebration if I could, but as I can't I'll just sit here & think of all the beautiful trees & Skylarks & Badgers & Bats that Gree-D-F trashed to convince you all it was going to go ahead - wonder if they'll sue their PR firms for bad advice?




I was wondering how long they'd be prepared to continue to spend money on their phantom works just to keep up their false appearances. Don't get me wrong they've done plenty to trash the land out there but they never did get started on those preliminary works. Their update talks as if they've finished them but the fact is they never really  started, despite being granted permission back in 2010. The section 106 agreements (community bribes sorry CON(m)pensation) aren't due to be 'triggered' until they dewater the site - something that they haven't done and that they can't & wouldn't do without a contract (& a lot fewer legal challenges). I knewe for defineite they were in trouble quite a while ago when some good friends of mine in the construction industry began regaling me with tales of people being paid to stand around at hinkley being paid to do nothing, whilst other less fortunate stories were about people going out there to work & not getting paid.

As my friend Theo Simon so eloquently put it the HPC project is now collapsing under the weight of it's own Bullshit

I'm sure the slime bags at DECC's Office for Nuclear Development  are trying to finds some way to persuade the chinese to take over the site, heard a rumour that Hergen's selling his Granny to help raise the money - the 'Golden Share' bit like something out of Willy Wonka eh?

 So now can we concentrate on getting out with the OLD nukes & in with the reNEWables? oh yes & the not small matter of their waste....now where does Vincent De Rivaz & Hergen Haye live again? I'm sure it'd fit nicely under there homes & I'm sure there's many a fracking firm who'd give them their very own deep borehole...



1 comment: