Wednesday 1 December 2010

EdF submit planning applicaiton to West somerset District Council

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!
I knew this day was coming but still I feel like crying. Having spent all morning today in a meeting with the IPC finding out how their process works, and how to engage with it. What did I find out? I found out more about how the government have loaded the dice in favour of new nuclear. Why when they profess that its up to the 'markets' to decide do they go so far out of the way to oil the wheels as it were? There is no way EdF would take such huge financial risks if there wasn't a lot of back scratching going on behind closed doors?

I don't feel that its any coincidence, that EdF put in their application on Friday 26th Nov, the DECC consultation meeting was on Monday 29th Nov, and the cosy little Business Breakfast at the Remada hotel to carve up the nuclear pie was on Tuesday the 30th of November, incidentally, I hear that there was far more security at the Remada hotel than there was at the DECC meeting which shows where the power lies....

The government are also about to announce the electricity generation reform act a nice quiet way of getting in the indirect subsidies that the nuclear lobby have been insisting on for the last few years.

I'm going to go and drown my sorrows now at the bottom of my teacup.:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment